Sunday 20 July 2014

One for the nail biters

So this post is for the nail biters among us, I will hold my hands up and say that I have been a nail biter from the grand age of 3. I try to resist it, but when I get stressed, nervous or sometimes bored the nail biting monster rears it's ugly head and before I know it I have no nails. 

I have always been on the look out for solutions and here are a few that work for me. 

Painting your nails
Go on give yourself a manicure, attempt some nail art. If I spend a lot of time and effort doing my nails the last thing I want to do is ruin them by biting my nails. I would recommend painting your nails with  a light maybe pastel coloured nail varnish as it is a bit more forgiving then a darker colour that will fully draw attention to the length of your nails.

Wear gloves while watching TV or when you could be bored 
As I said a lot of my nail biting stems from boredom especially when I am watching TV. So although it may look soft of you wear gloves it means you cannot get to your nails so they say intact 

Google nail biting 
Go on I dare you, this will seriously make you think before you put your nails into your mouth. You would be surprised of the horrors that lurk underneath your nails.

Buy some false nails
I would reserve this one for holidays or special occasions, if you get some false nails put on you wont be able to bite your nails. It might just help you get out of the habit. 

I hope these tips have helped you out 

Lots of love 
Harriet xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment