Sunday 15 June 2014

Lazy Sunday

So I have now got a lot more free time on my hands to do things I want. I thought I would do a post on a few of my favourite books, TV shows, YouTube channels etc. As the British weather has been so lovely recently (lets hope it lasts!) I have been doing a lot of reading outside while enjoying the sun. While starting my A2's.

Books
The Island by Victoria Hislop
This book is so beautifully written, it is about a young girl who lives in England and knows that she has Greek relatives, but doesn't know anything about them. So she goes to Greece to discover her mums past and finds out that there is a leper colony called Spingalonga off where her mum used to live. She discovers all about her families history with the colony and thee stigma that leprosy had at the time. It sounds very serious, which it is but it is actually kind of a love story and it is quite easy to read.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
I am not that far into this book as I have only just started it but so far I am gripped with the story, it is about a young girl who's parents have died so she goes to live with her uncle and his family. She is picked on by one of her cousins who hits her and throws books at her head until one day she fights back and knocks him down, as her punishment she is sent to the red room where her father died. She faints and hallucinates that she sees his ghost. I am currently reading this for my English Literature A2, but I think it is one of those classics that still has some importance today.

YouTube
Beauty- Essie Button
I am actually obsessed with her channel she does review on products, make up looks, her daily routines and my personal favourites her brand focus videos. She really draws you in so you feel like you are watching a friend and so many of my purchases have been inspired by things she has reviewed. She is just one of those YouTubers that you watch and want everything she talks about.

Vlogs- Essie Button Vlogs
Okay I guess you can see kind of a them here! Anyway Essie has been vlogging nearly everyday in June, she calls it Vlune. I really enjoy at the end of the day sitting down to watch her Aslan and Reggie's adventures and what they have been doing that day. Basically I am just really nosey and enjoy seeing what other people do in the day.

Random- Matthew Santoro
Everyone will know one of those people who has loads of random facts that the just blurt out at the strangest of moments, well that it me! I just really like knowing weird things that other people may not know. Anyway if you are like me you will love this guy. My favourite video is his 10 freakiest coincidences in history watch it your mind will be blown I promise you!

TV/ films
Never Been Kissed
This film is just one of those classics that I can't stop watching, I genuinely watch it at least once a week with out fail! Drew Barrymore is so fantastic in it and it is just so funny and heart-warming at the same time.

Warm Bodies
I watched this with my friends on my best friends birthday, and it was really funny. Afterwards me and Eleanor were like we want Zombie Nicholas Hoult to be our boyfriend. That sounds really strange, but you just have to watch it.

Game of Thrones
Oh the old classic I started watching this after my friend Izzy told me I had to. It is not usually a programme I would go for because of the gore. It is so gripping and I look forward to it every Monday.

Lots of Love
Harriet xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment