Friday 14 March 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

Hello,
The thing with foundation is that it is a unforgiving mistress, you get the shade wrong you look like a ghost or cheesy puff. Also if you don't get one that suits your skin type it may breakdown in certain places or it will cling to your dry patches. It doesn't make it easy for us does it. When you find the one though you never ever want to let it go! I will experiment with lip sticks eye shadows, but foundation is one of those products that I will just constantly repurchase. 

I needed a new foundation, so I wandered into Boots to get the usual Healthy Mix Serum. When I got there I couldn't find one. This is where I started to panic! I was wandering around wondering what I was going to do when my little sister goes "I've seen Tanya Burr use this one, why don't you try it". I am very glad I listened to her!

I got the lightest shade light porcelain which is the perfect shade for me, being pale I often find it difficult finding the right shade foundation for me, but this seriously impressed me! I thought I would go through the strengths and weaknesses of it.

Strengths
It is light to medium coverage which I like as it doesn't mask the skin, it creates a veil over it which gives the appearance of perfect glowing skin. 
It has SPF 18 which is always a bonus as it protects your skin from the sun.
The shade range was very good especially from a high street foundation. 
It last all day on my skin which it oily/combination. 
This next one is going to sound stupid, but in my head it makes sense. I am forever losing the lids to my foundations which is a nightmare especially if I travelling with it. The lid on this foundation is bright blue and quite big which makes it easy to spot and less difficult to lose.
The price was also very good as I believe I payed £6.99 for it which I think is a very reasonable price for a foundation.




Weaknesses 
This is me really nit picking, but I am not a lover of foundations in glass bottles. I like the plastic ones as they are not as heavy plus with glass I am always paranoid that it will break.
The smell is also a down side, don't get me wrong it is not horrible I just wish it didn't have scent.

They are all my thoughts on this foundation as you can see the strengths defiantly out weight  the weaknesses. So next time you are in the market for a new foundation I recommend you give this a try. 


Lots of love
Harriet xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment